Saturday 22 February 2014

Backstage at Giles Deacon AW14 - London Fashion Week










One of the best shows this season I had the privilege of attending backstage was Giles. A collection that was full of brilliant and strong pieces along with a catwalk filled with memorable faces. See my post for it  here
But here is a snippet for you all:

Being backstage at Giles was probably one of the finest moments of my career, possibly life. As the likes of Cara Delevigne, Malaika Firth, Edie Campbell, Kendall Jenner and Jourdan Dunn saunter past with their hair half done and their makeup immaculate, I can’t help but feel slightly giddy. If anyone ever tells you that they don’t feel star struck the first time they walk into a room with some of the best names in the fashion industry, they are lying. It is almost impossible to keep a straight face and not go weak at the knees.
The hair was created and styled by Toni & Guy, in collaboration with label m, who are proud sponsors of London Fashion Week. The hair was blasted forward with label m sea salt spray, twisted and tousled and dried and sprayed with a hair net over the top. A Toni & Guy stylist told us that “what it’s meant to feel or look like is that she’s been out on her motorbike, she’s had her helmet on and she’s taken the helmet off.”
Ruby

2 comments:

  1. Everything looks seriously amazing. I hope you had such a great time there and you learn a lot! If that was me, I would have been nervous and went a bit crazy, so I feel you hahaha. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you had an amazing week! I'm so jealous! Haha if only I lived closer to London! Xox

    Leblogderosy.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete